Here’s what creating a “Scrumban” board can do for your team:
- Clarify priorities for management so they may better support your team.
- Improve project delivery speed and quality.
- Alignment of the team around the current sprint tasks and user stories in order to deliver the sprint on-time.
- Improve team accountability and trust.
- Improve team morale by reducing stress and uncertainty.
Scrumban is a hybrid between Kanban and Scrum. It is used by teams to improve the flow of work and keep the team focused on a limited number of user stories (increments of customer valuable work). The main difference between this board and a pure Kanban board is that this board will hold only the work from the current Sprint, and tasks are arranged by user stories. Future user stories will be held in the product backlog board. We provide another template board for this.
You can customize the columns which are steps in the process from Idea to delivery to be whatever process steps you and your team need. Simply add, delete or rename columns.
Follow this link to learn more about how to design a customized scrumban board that will best support your team and to learn about the other boards that can be used to support a good agile process, see this post:
If you need to sell the idea of using Kanban to your management or team, this video on finding your WHY for implementing Kanban in this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHBPua6qLG4