Posted: May 24, 2018
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form. For example, when ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you will be asked to enter your name and email address.
What do we use your information for?
Information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests.
- To process transactions such as charges to your credit card.
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your Cardsmith account.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Does Cardsmith access or review my Cards and Boards?
As a rule, Cardsmith employees do not monitor or view the Content stored in the Service, but it may be viewed if we believe our Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so in order to respond to your requests for support, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in our Terms of Service. Your Content also may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Cardsmith and its users, or in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders or other legal process. We vigilantly protect the privacy of your account contents and, whenever we determine it possible, we provide you with notice if we believe we are compelled to comply with a third party’s request for information about your account. We will view the information in your account in order to provide you with customer support only with your permission given either verbally or in writing such as in email or from the Cardsmith application chat feature.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
No encryption method is absolute, and we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your personal information.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.)
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website and web application, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We use the following third party services in order to provide the Cardsmith Service:
- We use Stripe for payment processing, including initial purchases of subscriptions and renewals to subscribers of our Premium service.
- We use Uploadcare for storing photos that you attach to your Cards in the Cardsmith Application.
- We use Mandrill for sending emails related to the service (such as an email when you share a board with another person).
- Firebase provides our core cloud based data storage and indexing service. Firebase provides several services – we utilize Firebase web hosting and its powerful real-time database.
- Google is the owner of Firebase. In addition, we use Google to provide authorization services. Usernames and passwords are managed by Google. We do not maintain even encrypted passwords on servers that we manage. We also use Google’s Analytics services in order to analyze how users utilize Cardsmith, so that we can understand how best to develop the service. We do not share any usage information with any third parties, only internally.
- Heroku provides sophisticated managed hosting services that can run our proprietary code. We use these services so that our hosting service can scale, and has significant redundancy. User data is not stored on these servers.
- Site5 provides portions of our web hosting services. These servers never store customer data.
- We implement Facebook’s tracking pixel so that we can measure response to our marketing efforts.
Children under the age of 13
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Data Erasure Policy
If at any time you would like all of your data including data you’ve uploaded to Boards and Cards and your account information deleted, please email us at email@example.com